Update!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

                                 So it has been over a year since I've updated, a lot has changed.

                                                            Let's see what happened:


(Here's a hint!) 


  • August - Moved into my own apartment! Hooray! More expensive monthly payment but at least I knew the rent would be paid on time, no more notes from the office saying my roommate hadn't paid her half of the rent. We had disagreements about how much heat/air we should use also. So I pulled the 'bad guy' card and moved out as soon as our lease was up. It made me feel like an awful person but I'm (slowly) learning that I have do to what's best for me even though it may not be in the best interest of others.
  • September - 25th birthday, we went into Gatlinburg for a nice relaxing weekend. Oh yeah...and we got engaged! We went to the Aquarium, on the way back he dropped me off at the Village and told me to go shopping, he would call me in a few and tell me when to come back. I was instantly suspicious, I had been suspicious before because there were lots of big boxes that were wrapped in gift wrap and he really isn't a huge gift-giver. Turns out he'd made a bunch of lightning bug jars since he was going to propose at the synchronous lightning bug viewing in the mountains but we were turned away because the park was full :( but super sweet that he made them himself! 
  • April - Started our new adventure as a married couple! We've been married just over 3 weeks and we're loving it! We have already faced some challenges but it's wonderful! We had a budget-DIY-rustic wedding. My next post I'll break down our wedding budget and prove that you can have a beautiful wedding without spending a lot of money! 
 How does this impact the debt elimination project (DEP)? Well....we have a lot more debt unfortunately. But we have each other and are both working to pay it off as soon as possible. It's excellent to have a partner in this, it makes me feel so much more confident and secure. The good news is from what we figured this morning we'll be able to pay off 3 of our small loans this month!! We've been holding a lot in savings until we kind of settled in to make sure we didn't have any large unexpected expenses and we feel comfortable enough to go ahead and pay off these small loans and get our debt snowball rolling!

 We also have joined totalmoneymakeover.com to have easy access to the budget tools. I know mint.com is free but I don't feel comfortable with a company having all of my information going through them, I'm sure it's safe but I feel a little iffy about it.

 That's all for now! Time to go make some dinner now that the kitchen floor is finished drying! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment