New To-Do: Budget Vacation Planning!

Tuesday, June 19, 2012
   After the wedding was over I was honestly kind of bummed, we looked forward to it for 7 months and then poof, it was over! I've not really been in the mood to do any crafts/jewelry to sell on my Etsy site and I really needed something to look forward to.

  For the past 4-ish years vacation has meant going home to Missouri, which can be fun but is also stressful. Trying to make sure you see everyone, spend time with family and friends and make everyone happy can be exhausting! So we decided since we didn't really take a honeymoon we're going to take a vacation. I'm pretty excited!

So we chose our destination: Charleston, SC. It seems like everyone around here has been there so it seemed like a good idea. I've been looking around at places to stay and downtown Charleston is super expensive.

 Except I found an awesome bargain.

Enter: the NotSoHostel.(http://notsohostel.com/)
I've never stayed at a hostel but I mean by the looks of the name it can't be that bad! We can stay in a private room for $60/night. Way cheaper than a hotel in the historic district! I was nervous that it would be one of those deals where it was per person/night but I e-mailed them and it isn't! We'd also be able to use the kitchen which will help out, budget vacations are possible after all!

I'm also looking up free/cheap things to do as we plan our itinerary. I'll keep you posted!

0 comments:

Post a Comment