The Value of Sleep

Monday, August 6, 2012
 I've been known to take on too many tasks at once. My senior year of college I stage managed a show, wrote my thesis, did some internship hours, and took comprehensive exams. I was really tired that year. Probably pretty cranky too.

 Phillip and I recently went through all of our student loan stuff and figured out how much extra we could pay each month. When I left my old job I stayed on PRN, thinking I could pick up some overnight shifts pretty easily. I added it up and if I picked up 2 weekends/month we could pay off our loans in 5 years instead of 6. Seemed like a pretty good deal...until I actually tried it.

 Staying awake all night was much easier than I thought it would be. Friday I took a little nap before going in at 11pm, drank a giant cup of coffee and was ready to go.  I got to sleep around 7:30 on Saturday morning and slept until noon. I knew I should go back to sleep but I think I still have that little kid complex of "something interesting is happening somewhere! I need to stay awake for it!" I worked Saturday night too and pretty much slept all of Sunday.

   I'm still feeling groggy today.  So basically this weekend I learned that not feeling like a zombie > than paying off loans early but feeling tired the whole time. I think we both knew it wouldn't work but I had to try it anyway.

  What are some things you do to earn money on the side?

2 comments:

  1. Unknown said...:

    House sit, baby sit and dog sit. Pretty much anything that has the word "sit" in it... i do.

    I know you do a lot of babysitting for black berry... hmmm..

  1. Sunny said...:

    Yeah I babysit quite a bit for them, I also have a house/cat sitting gig coming up in November. My earrings are in our Gift Shop now also :)

Post a Comment