What's in the cabinets?

Tuesday, August 7, 2012
 So this week became an unintentional "use whatcha got" week.

Saturday I woke up and Phillip was gone. He went to the grocery store. I kinda felt like this:
 He was trying to be super sweet so I could keep sleeping because I was working that night. I appreciate that but I'm a little obsessive about list making/menu planning...and sticking to the list.  Since we didn't have a menu planned the only list he had was for our breakfasts/lunches. So nothing for dinner and our grocery budget was pretty much gone for the week.

 I could easily have just gone to pick up stuff for dinners. I debated if I wanted to make a list and go shopping but decided in an act of rebellion that:

  .
 
If you're going shopping without me (this also relates to the me hating sleeping during the day because interesting happens while I'm sleeping) then you get to eat what we already have. Instead of getting cranky I've made it a challenge. We might be eating some strange things by Saturday. I'll keep you posted :)

 

2 comments:

  1. Tenntrace said...:

    This cracks me up! I'll be interested to hear how things go.

  1. Sunny said...:

    So far so good! Last night I had cereal and made the Mr some scrambled eggs. Tonight will probably be pasta in some form since we have tons of it!

Post a Comment