Autumn Air & Envelopes!!

Wednesday, September 19, 2012
 Yeah so Autumn Air and Envelopes really have nothing to do with one another, they're not even an alliteration, but we'll let that slide. The weather has been really awesome here (minus the past 2 days of constant rain and flash flooding!) here are a couple of picture of the sunrise from Saturday morning, we were on our way to finish setting up our yard sale:
A few days later that field flooded and became a pond. The geese were swimming, so cute! 
And that's why we call them the Smokies :) 


 It's nice to come home and open up the back door and all of the windows! It just feels so good outside! I work in a fish bowl and if we crane our necks we can see outside, today it was very difficult for me to fight the urge to go lie in the grass somewhere on campus.

  Enough gushing about my favorite season...on to the envelopes!!
   
 An integral part of using the Financial Peace University play is paying cash for certain items in your budget. We've been doing this for awhile and used ugly bank envelopes that got grimy and fell apart, when we got our FPU kit in the mail it came with an envelope system, but they're not pretty at all! So I took matters into my own hands. I took my scrapbook paper into the office one day and had an arts and crafts session. Here is the end result!
I used a tutorial found here
   By using cash for groceries and our spending money we don't have so many miscellaneous things on our bank statement which makes it easier to go through at the end of the month to see how we need to edit the budget for the following month. I am finding that having to spend cash for things I want really does make me think twice about purchases. I know that once I break a twenty it's as good as gone! When using the debit card I was nowhere near as disciplined and spent way more than I intended to!

  Have you used the envelope system? Has it worked for you?

2 comments:

  1. Those pictures! Oh my word, so beautiful! I need to come visit!

  1. Sunny said...:

    Yes you do!! We have a spare bedroom :D I pass that farm every day on my way to work, Fall is absolutely perfect here!

Post a Comment