I smell like feet...

Wednesday, September 12, 2012
I kind of feel like this: 



And I'm pretty sure I smell like this:
Why?

I decided to ride my bike to work today! Well I rode my bike halfway to work today (4.4 miles each way). I also didn't think very much about packing my backpack this morning. My work flats smell like feet (because that's what I put in them), I stuffed those and my cardigan down in the backpack. So when I got to work guess what else smelled like feet? My happy pink cardigan :( I wore it anyway, it's really cold in our office! 

I didn't so much enjoy the ride to work, it's mostly uphill and it took about 45 minutes on my 1-speed cruiser. The ride back to my car was much better, it still took about 35 minutes but I was going at a pretty slow/meandering pace. I also stopped for about 5 minutes to watch a juvenile Great Blue Heron. 

I added it up and if I were to do this 5 days/week it would save $8/week on gas which adds up to over $300/year. Not a whole lot but I'd also get my exercise in and enjoy this beautiful fall weather we've been blessed with this week! I also know that I won't be able to keep it up because I'm a wimp and I don't do cold well but I think I'll enjoy this while it lasts!

Biking also helps out my hip, I have developmental dysplasia of the hip (yes like dogs get) meaning my acetabulum is too shallow for the head of my femur to fit properly. I'm a little gimpy, and I can't run/walk long distances at all without feeling like my leg is going to fall off but biking makes it feel better! 

Today I made crockpot potato soup from this recipe, I've not calculated the cost but it's cheap and will probably feed us for awhile.

I hope you're enjoying this awesome weather! I'm going to go sit outside and eat my soup!

0 comments:

Post a Comment