Pinterest! Part 1 - Hot Chocolate!

Wednesday, September 26, 2012
  On Monday night I decided to try my hand at 2 pinterest recipes that I'd had my eye on for awhile. I was a little chilly which means it's perfect weather for Hot Chocolate right???

Stolen from: Honey and Fitz


   It's super easy to make in a crock pot, just dump in 2 cups of chocolate chips, 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 1.5 cups of half and half, 6 cups of milk, and vanilla. Turn on your crock pot and away you go! If only it were that simple...

  Apparently I have a much smaller crock pot than the gal who made this recipe. Unfortunately I didn't find that out until it was time to add the milk and everything else was already in the pot ready to go. Can't turn back now! So the mister and I sat down and watched some Firefly to wait for the chocolate to melt. We waited...and waited...and waited. The recipe said 35-45 minutes, it was more like 2 hours. When it was finally done I ladled it out and gave it to Phillip without tasting it first. Bad idea. Because I wasn't able to add all of the milk the recipe called for it was like drinking sludge.

    So I cut the cup with milk, heated it in the microwave and the results were much better!! I really thought this was going to end up being a Pinterest fail but it was a win after all! I dumped in the rest of the milk and stashed it in the fridge overnight, took it to work the next day and reheated it in the office. It got a thumbs up from everyone!

    Final verdict: This recipe is awesome if you have a big crock pot and have lots of people to give it to. Otherwise I would suggest cutting the recipe in half.

    I'm going to post the second Pinterest project in a new post, it's for garlic knots and something about hot chocolate and garlic knots together makes me a little queasy!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment