Update: Acts of Kindness Days 1-3

Thursday, January 17, 2013

   I know I said I probably wouldn't blog about all of them but here's a short update from the first 3 days. I feel awkward posting what I've done because I don't want to come off as boastful or anything. I kind of look at this as a way to keep myself accountable and actually do these things which are out of my comfort zone!

  The first day (Tuesday) I couldn't find anyone to help. Is that not the silliest thing ever? I was super nice to my customers but I don't really count that. The only thing that might count is that when we woke up it was pretty chilly in the apartment so I put Phillip's clothes and towel in the dryer while he took a shower so they would be toasty. I'm not sure that counts so I'll probably either add a day on to the end or do 2 in one day.

 Wednesday I had to run to Kroger for a few things on my lunch break. I hadn't spent my fun money for the week yet so I decided to get a Kroger gift card and put it on someones windshield. Well it was raining, it's been raining since Sunday. So I just put a little "Have a nice day!" note on it and left it in the kid carrying part of the buggy (that's a shopping cart to my friends back home...I've adopted the local "buggy" because it's more fun to say).

 Today the weather decided to outdo itself...it's snowing!! You know what I love when it's snowing? Hot chocolate. So I assume everyone else does too. I picked one of the buildings in our complex and took over a box of hot chocolate for each of the 4 apartments. I dropped them on their doorsteps and hurried home.

 I started reading "The Simple Faith of Mister Rogers" yesterday and it's really awesome. I definitely recommend it, it's very inspiring. It goes into how he mixed his background of theology and psychology to create his TV show and make it a comforting environment for children. The author discusses his use of repetitiveness and consistency and how it had such a calming influence for children who may not have the best lives at home. You should go to your library and check it out. Unless we go to the same library...because I have that copy. :) 

 That's enough rambling for now! Have a great evening!

0 comments:

Post a Comment