Spring Splurge

Saturday, April 13, 2013
  Spring has finally sprung in East Tennessee! I know this because my car has an awful yellow tint because of all of the pollen. Knoxville is number 2 in the country for allergies, fabulous right?

 It's also excellent bike riding weather.We picked it up 2 years ago and bought some cheap $79 WalMart bikes. They were awesome the first year, we did the loop around Cades Cove 3 or 4 times and rode in Townsend quite a bit. We went out 3-4 times a week to ride the local greenbelts in town. Last year they got a little rickety, this year Phillip's tire blew out and all of the mud guards on mine are making lots of racket.

 These are all really easy (and relatively cheap) fixes but we got the bug to buy new ones. They are pretty darn adorable. I initially wanted a mountain bike but the clicking gears scared me so we went with cruisers again. Here are some terrible pictures of them, the lighting in this place is quite special.



I'm so excited! I'm pretty excited about my basket and my bell. I'm currently on the lookout for some pink and yellow streamers. It was hard to justify buying them, I mean we already have bikes and they're mechanically sound. These are just so shiny!! I can't wait to get them out on the greenbelt today! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment