Halfway to our 2013 goal!

Thursday, June 13, 2013
      I just have to say I'm pretty excited. Our personal debt payoff goal for this year was $30,000, it seemed impossible. That's like the price of a new car, or half a house.

       Yesterday we hit the $15k mark. $15,071.41 if you want to get nit-picky.

       Now it feels like we will actually reach that goal which is pretty crazy.

       The even crazier thing is we haven't even done anything too radical. We're not selling our plasma or dumpster diving. Just living in a cheap crappy apartment, driving really old cars, cooking at home most of the time, and taking our lunches to work.  I thought I would be super controlling of our electric bill during the summers but when I get hot, I get cranky. When I get cranky, I cry for no reason. It's ugly and I don't like it. We turn the thermostat down in the evenings to a level that doesn't make us want to maim each other.

      We've faltered on the cooking/going out thing quite a bit but are trying to get back on track.

      Now for my celebratory dance!

Really? No dancing?

Much better!
 In other exciting news I'm teaching a free budgeting class tonight for the first time. I'm excited but kind of nervous because I'm a really crappy teacher. We'll see how that goes!

  Have a good day!
  Sunny

0 comments:

Post a Comment