Clean Eating for 14 Days

Friday, September 13, 2013
  I have been MIA for awhile, sorry about that! Business from my Etsy shop has started picking up, this is super exciting! I did a craft fair last weekend so I made a few new items for that event so that took up a lot of time as well. My best seller, well in fact my only seller have been my cupcake toothpicks. I have to admit they are pretty darn cute! I may be a bit biased though.


 Also since this is supposed to be a get out of debt blog I feel guilty writing about things that don't pertain to that. Honestly we are now kind of on auto-pilot as far as that goes. I pay all of our bills on the 1st of each month, after that most of the following paychecks are getting moved into the savings account so we can buy a new-to-us car pretty soon. Pretty boring isn't it? There really isn't any magic in getting our student loans paid off, just lots of work and sticking to a budget *yawn*.

 One thing we do struggle with is our food budget and how to balance eating real, healthy foods without breaking the bank.

  I read this article yesterday and passed it along to Phillip. It discusses all of the different additives that go into our food, some of which are actually banned in other countries. Last night we talked about it and are setting up to do a 14 day clean eating plan. So basically for the next 2 weeks this blog will be new recipes and if they worked out or not!

 Here is a chart I found on Pinterest outlining what we'll be attempting to do:


   Basically our goal is to eliminate artificial flavorings, artificial colors, and preservatives. Whatever we eat we will try to get food in its most basic form and then prepare it accordingly.
   I will probably fudge on the avoiding white flour thing, I have never been able to successfully bake a loaf of bread with wheat flour.
   Our budget is going to be $75/week, this will not include meat.We bought a Groupon to a local butcher shop, more about that in another post. We'll also keep track of if we lose any weight and how we feel each day.

 If you'd like to read more about clean eating check out this article.

 Thanks for stopping by!



0 comments:

Post a Comment