Our New Abode

Tuesday, November 12, 2013
  This is my 100th post! That's pretty snazzy.

  My parents and aunt came down to visit us last week and they finally got to see our new apartment. We moved in toward the end of September but finally finished decorating last week. The garage is still messy but I'm working on a sign that says "Creative Clutter > Idle Neatness." That should excuse the mess well enough for us.

  Now, on with the pictures!
 
This is the living room (obviously) in our old apartment.

New Apartment! After a year and a half I finally managed to print some wedding pictures.

Old bedroom

New Bedroom

 The only decor we bought for the living room are the picture frames and prints. The rest is stuff we already had, just arranged differently or in a different room.  

 Most of you who read this know Phillip, but if you don't he's about 6'3 and loves sleeping in a cocoon of 7-8 pillows. We have been talking about getting a king size bed for about 6 months because I always felt like I was falling off the edge and my back was starting to hurt. So we went ahead and bought a bigger bed and bedding for it. Now we have a proper guest bedroom for friends and family. No more air mattresses! 

 I bought the bedding from overstock.com, if you've never shopped there you should check it out. They have lots of great stuff at really good prices. 

 I really think the biggest difference is that the walls are painted with a better quality paint and have a nicer color to them than the cheap white paint the apartment complex used. We couldn't even clean the walls because the paint would come off onto your sponge. 

  This post is mostly for my mom, she didn't see the complete finished product while she was here.

  What's your favorite decorating tip?
  

0 comments:

Post a Comment