Breakdown of our Wedding Budget + Pictures!

Sunday, May 19, 2013
**I just realized I wrote this a year ago and never posted it! I've added some pictures, enjoy!**

I'm really conflicted as to whether I should share this or not, apparently people get squeamish when you talk about money, especially when it comes to your wedding. After discussing it with my hubby we decided to share it, we're really happy with how everything turned out and we wanted to share with other people that you don't have to spend a fortune to have a nice wedding. On one of the websites I used while planning tons of brides-to-be complained that their $20,000 budgets just weren't enough. One girl even complained that her parents only gave her $50,000 to spend. Really?

 Initially Phillip and I had planned to pay for everything on our own. We wanted to keep our budget under $2,000 for EVERYTHING. We wanted to do this to challenge ourselves and stick to a budget, also to keep our priorities in line. At the end of the day we would be married and that is the important part.
Not to say I didn't get a little crazy, but overall I tried to keep the bigger picture in mind.

How were we going to stick to this budget? By doing it all ourselves. No caterer or bakery, we were going to do it all. Then mom stepped in and said "Sunny Marie, you're going to drive yourself crazy if you do that." And you know what? Sometimes moms are right.

We ended up going over our initial $2000 budget which would have been really hard to stick to anyway. My parents are super wonderful and helped us out a lot, especially with the big purchases. We're really grateful for everything our families and friends did to make our wedding day so special.

Not all of these numbers are completely accurate because I didn't get around to making a spreadsheet of everything I bought/paid for, I really meant to do that but it was kind of exhausting to plan the wedding itself so I didn't have much time for organization!



The Necessities 
The Venue: Cute barn in the middle of nowhere: $175. Major score!
The Invites: I think the materials ended up being around $70, we made around 150 invitations and had extra                            supplies.
The Dress: I planned to get a $99 David's Bridal special and be done with it.
                 Ended up with one that was $450+$99 preservation kit+$60 in alterations.
Veil: $18 ($3 for the tulle, $2 for the comb, and $13 for the pearl/ribbon edging.)
Phillip's Tux: $135
The Shoes: Found some on clearance at Rack Room shoes for $15
Hair: $35
Make-Up: I think I spent around $50 at Sephora but I am still using it 12 months later :)
The Flowers: I made the 4 bridesmaid bouquets for about $30 total, my bouquet was around $25
The Cake: $80
Cupcakes: $75 - I bought the ingredients and paid a friend to make them.
Cake topper: $5 (plus black paint that we already had)
Catering: $600 (My parents covered this one, I'm not sure how much it was exactly)
Photography: $800 (this one killed me folks, but it was well worth it!)
Plates & Napkins: $45


The Decor 
Burlap Table Runners: $40
Books for Centerpieces: $15 (we frequented the Habitat ReStore)
Flowers for Centerpieces: $25
Firefly Jars: $20
Jar Hangers: $5
Mason Jars: $20 + lots of donations from family and friends.
Wall Coverings: $40
Christmas Lights: $15 + lots of borrowed ones from family and friends
Wagon Wheel Lights: $25 (hula hoops and PVC pipes)

Random Stuff:
Guest Book: $10
Pen: $10
Bubbles $12
Ribbon: $15


Rentals: 
Tables $6.75x10
Chairs $1.15x80
Tablecloths: $7.50x10

Estimated Total:  $3395

Now...ready for some pictures?





















2 comments:

  1. Pidge said...:

    I LOVE the books for centerpieces!

  1. Sunny said...:

    Thanks Pidge :) We spent lots of time in thrift stores picking out hardback books.

Post a Comment