Groceries week of 5/20/13

Monday, May 20, 2013
  Good morning! This is the first time I've been up before 11:00am in the past 3 days. It's also the first day I've changed out of my pajamas. Since my wisdom teeth came out on Thursday afternoon I've been completely useless. The first night and Friday morning were the worst! Phillip called my dentist and they called in a prescription for nausea medication on Friday morning. Things got easier after that, and I just slept a lot. I still have some bruising and pretty puffy cheeks but I can deal with that.

  Because of this our grocery list this week was pretty minimal. Phillip has decided he's just going to use up what's in the fridge and I'm stuck on liquids and soft foods. My work study students graduated last night so I'm making cupcakes for their party tomorrow, I'm hoping they turn out cute!

Aldi
Granny Smith Apples (3lb)   $2.99
Baby Carrots                       $  .99
Ranch Dressing                    $1.39
1/2 gallon of milk                 $1.89
Blueberry Nutrigrain Bars    $1.89
Russett Potatoes (5lb)         $1.99
Total:                               $11.14

Walmart
Flour Tortillas                   $1.98
Pudding                            $1.00
Pudding                            $1.00
Velvet Cake Mix              $1.28
Frosting                            $1.58
Cupcake Liners                $1.12
Soup - 4 pack                  $2.75
Creamy Peanut Butter       $2.54
Sweet Potatoes (2)           $1.28
Bananas                            $1.47
Tomatoes*                        $7.12
Mandarin Oranges             $2.98
Popscicles                         $1.36
Chocolate Milk                  $ .88
Yellow cake mix                $1.12   
Total:                              $29.46

Grand total: $40.60

*I have no idea why Phillip bought $7 worth of tomatoes. Sometimes it's easier not to ask.

I'll probably pick up a couple of boxes of the Kroger brand instant breakfast mix today. Walmart doesn't make a generic and the Carnation brand is $5/box! At Kroger it's $1.88.

Time to head to work, hoping I can stay awake today! Have a great day!



0 comments:

Post a Comment