Couponing? I'll try anything once...

Sunday, April 24, 2011
I've clipped coupons before, but I've never made it a habit or been obsessive about it. I have a cousin who has recently started couponing and feels the need to update Facebook status about it more often than necessary. I hope to not become that kind of person however I do tend to become obsessive with new things!

I'm going to give it a shot because I feel like I do a lot of other things to save money and I don't really know what else to do. I typically buy generic foods and sometimes shop at the United Grocery Outlet store in town, which is why we had Halloween shaped mac & cheese with Easter dinner today. Let's face it, the shaped macaroni tastes way better than the noodle-y macaroni and when it's 50 cents compared to $1.25 you don't care if you're eating bats and pumpkins! If you don't know if you have a UGO near you check here: http://www.myugo.com/ to see the one nearest you.

One of my issues is not knowing where to get these magical coupons. I recently subscribed to All You magazine which contains about $70 worth of coupons per issue. A lady at work was selling subscriptions for her sons school and instead of spending $3/issue I decided to subscribe for 10 issues for $10. Of course I can't use all of the coupons in there but hopefully it will be worth it.

I suppose the best way to find anything out is to go look, if you have any suggestions please let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Eliothie said...:

    Try Aldi as well!!!!! Seriously.... check it out cause it's similar to UGO but better quality and more variety..... or at least more stable variety....

  1. Phil Tune said...:

    Yes, I've actually introduced Sunny to Aldi and I think we're both in love. We both hated it when we were younger (before we met), then when I started college in Chicago (and had to start cooking and buying groceries for myself) I began to frequent Aldi for a few things, then a few more things, until finally I had no need to go to the supermarket anymore.

    Aldi seems to have cheap block cheese all year round, which is a fairly big deal since we go through a lot of cheese; I think Sunny told you she's a bit picky with food. Anyway, we've started buying only mozzarella since it is the healthiest and cheapest cheese we can find.

Post a Comment