Grocery Day!

Saturday, September 14, 2013
  We did manage to stay on budget today! I also managed to lose my Kroger receipt so no recap for today. The only notable thing we purchased is a jar of Coconut Oil. It was on sale for $6.39 which is a pretty good deal. I also found Fage Greek Yogurt for $.35/container.

   Today I made tamales for lunch, they were not fabulous so I ended up eating the chicken with sour cream and some cheddar instead.

   Tonight I made Yogurt Banana Oat Muffins and they are awesome. I used a container of the Fage Greek Yogurt. They are made with oats ground into flour instead of regular flour. I have 2 more overly ripe bananas so I think I will make another batch and freeze them. I would take a picture but my kitchen is kind of a disaster. No need to share that with you folks.

    I'm really glad I stumbled upon this oat flour trick. A friend of mine has recently cut gluten from her diet so it's good to know that I can replace regular flour with oat flour in some baking things.

   Hope everyone is having an excellent weekend! Fall has arrived here in East Tennessee and I don't even have the words to express how amazing it feels! Get out there and enjoy it!

 ~Sunny

0 comments:

Post a Comment