Don't shop hungry...or moody...

Tuesday, July 3, 2012
So much for staying out of the store. This morning Phillip had a crisis...we're almost out of coffee.

 Instead of waiting until Friday when I stock up on perishables I decided to swing by the store after work. Today was my 9th day in a row of work, so I cut my hours and left at 3:30 because I'm pooped!! I also had a really trying day at work, which isn't good when your patience is running thin. I think I bit my tongue pretty much all morning.

So I decided to stop at Kroger and get coffee, creamer, and sugar...but I was hungry and crabby. So somehow I ended up with a mini pizza and gelato. Oops. Even though we had a menu planned...and even though I'm not supposed to be shopping I somehow spent $20. I think I need to have more than a banana and yogurt for lunch to prevent this from happening again.

Sugar     2.48
Creamer 3.39
Gelato   3.99
Coffee   8.29
Pizza     2.50
Total (w/tax)  $22.20


Also shopping with Phillip keeps me from buying stuff that's not on the list, and I do the same with him. Apparently we're not disciplined enough to shop on our own!!

2 comments:

  1. The same can be said of the kitchen. If I don't have a plan and I go in there starving, bad things happen!

  1. Sunny said...:

    I know! We've been pretty good at sticking to our menu, we switched what we're having tonight with tomorrow nights but no biggie. Then I saw someone post s'mores brownies on Facebook. They're in the oven right now lol, we had all the stuff, I couldn't help it!

Post a Comment