Redecorating!

Wednesday, March 13, 2013
    This weekend we were actually productive! Shocking! It helped that the sun was shining, Gloomy weather makes us just want to snuggle up on the couch and watch The Big Bang Theory. We have been in this apartment almost a year, Phillip actually lived here for about 6 months before we got married.

  I've been reluctant to do any decorating because to me an apartment just doesn't feel like "home". I've finally given in to the fact that our rent is pretty much dirt cheap, the area isn't THAT bad, and living here will help us pay our loans off faster. So we've been making an effort to make it more cozy.

 It didn't take me long to figure out that decorating can get expensive! I've not kept track of what we've spent but we've been picking up little bits here and there. We now have 3 rooms finished! I'm not sure the size of our apartment because I can't find our exact floorplan on the website but it's between 700-800 square ft, we've had to get creative with some of our organization.

  Here's what we have so far:


  This is what we did over the weekend. I have 4 rolls of gossamer left from the wedding and I've been wanting to make a soft canopy for awhile. I made the little rose out of burlap that we had leftover as well, I made the flower and hot glued it to a candle lid. Those end tables were sitting next to the dumpster so Phillip decided to rescue them. They're pretty sturdy but were really ugly. We sanded them down and stained them. We're looking for another lamp that matches mine and it will be finished!


 This is the second bedroom, initially we used it as office space but now we've made it into a reading area. It still needs a little bit of organization but it's much more comfy than it was! The short bookshelf on the left holds all of my crafting supplies, the bookshelf on the right are all of our old textbooks and boxes of keepsakes.


The bathroom is the first room we decorated with gifts from my bridal shower. It's super tiny but functional!

I think if you go slowly enough it is possibly to decorate without spending a ton of money. It was hard not to go out and buy every pretty thing that I saw!

 That's all for today :) I just wanted to share what we've been up to! 2 more rooms to go, the kitchen and living room, then maybe it will feel like 'home'.

 Have a good day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment