Progresso Recipe Starter - Final Review

Monday, September 10, 2012

I used the Progresso Parmesan Basil Recipe Starter to make chicken similar to this recipe. If you remember my last post about shopping at UGO I mentioned that I picked up some Kraft Parmesan Seasoning packets. I used that on this recipe as well.

Here's what I ended up doing:

Ingredients:
1 boneless skinless chicken breast/halved 
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 packet of Kraft Parmesan Seasonings - Tuscan Herb
1 can of Progresso Parmesan Basil Recipe Starter (Divided)

Pour about 1/4 of the can of the recipe starter into a shallow bowl.
Sprinkle parmesan seasonings into a second shallow bowl. 

Heat olive oil in your skillet on medium heat. 
Coat the chicken breasts in the recipe starter then roll in the parmesan seasoning. 
Place chicken in preheated skillet. 
Cook until seasoning has browned and chicken is no longer pink. 

While you're cooking your chicken bring a pot of water to boil and add your noodles. Use the remainder of the Recipe Starter as sauce for your noodles. We made baked sweet potato fries to go along with this also.

The Verdict:
   We both liked the chicken a lot, the  starter plus the parmesan coating seemed to make it really moist and added a lot of flavor. I didn't really like the starter as a sauce for the noodles, it's pretty thin tastes a little bland, I prefer mixing a bit of alfredo sauce with pesto. 

Would I buy this product?
  Possibly, some of their recipes using the other flavors of starters look pretty good so I might end up trying them out. 

 I'm looking forward to my next BzzAgent Campaign! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment